Monday, February 6, 2012

Derek and Andrew's Birthday

Two years ago we celebrated Derek and Andrew's birthdays together and for that occasion I made a cat cake with a "mouse." My friends and I are all nutty cat people and Jeremy, Derek, and Andrew are all computer programmers so I thought they would enjoy the humor. I made this scrapbook page a couple of weeks ago using the Big Top Birthday DSP which is great for scrapbooking birthdays for all ages. The colors are so bright and bold and go pretty good with my bright green kitchen :)

This layout is pretty simple but sometimes I think that simpler can be nice. For some reason I had a hard time taking a picture of this layout so some of the elements are hard to see. I did stamp the pennant "happy birthday to you" from the Patterned Party stamp set in the top right hand corner of the first page and on the second page I made a pennant banner using the Petite Pennants Builder punch. I "strung" the pennants on white bakers twine and it became my favorite element on the page.


Supplies
Stamps: Patterned Party
Paper: Big Top Birthday DSP, Real Red, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Accessories: SU dimensionals, snail adhesive, crystal effects (to glue down the buttons), whisper white bakers twine, tasteful trim bigz die, perfect polka dots embossing folder, petite pennants builder punch, designer buttons - playground (r), designer buttons - neutrals collection

No comments:

Post a Comment