Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bridal Shower

This scrapbook layout, like the card in my last post, was also inspired from all i create. The original layout, found here, was only one page so I tweaked it a little to turn it into a 2 page layout because for some reason, all my pages have to be two pages ;)

Making this layout, I really wanted to use the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper but had a hard time picking the colors to use because this particular DSP uses 11, yes 11! different colors. I originally wanted to use Not Quite Navy as the background but thought it might be a little to dark so I decided to use River Rock instead. In my experience, I have noticed that River Rock doesn't seem to be used a lot and I was nervous to put it as the background but I think with everything that's going on with the DSP and the pictures, it really compliments the page well.

I originally made this layout first with no pictures in mind and then decided to add pictures from my bridal shower (which was in August of 2009 -- nothing like being on top of your scrapbooking, huh?). Again, I was worried that all the colors in the pictures would clash with the DSP but I think once everything was matted and placed on the page, it turned out pretty cute, and definitely not too busy. A little busy perhaps, but not TOO busy ;)

When I was making this page I made a huge mistake and had to do a quick fix -- imaginary gold star if you can guess what I screwed up!

Supplies
Paper: Paisley Petals DSP, River Rock, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: SU dimensionals, crystal effects (to glue down the button), snail adhesive, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 3/4 circle punch, 2 3/8 scallop punch, decorative label punch, designer buttons - neutrals collection

No comments:

Post a Comment