Friday, January 13, 2012

Playing Catch Up

We all know that I'm a horrible blogger but this year I also didn't do a very good job with Christmas responsibilities. I didn't get ANY Christmas cards sent and I'm still actually doing some Christmas shopping. One of my goals though for the year is to be a better demonstrator and a part of that will be to keeping my blog updated a little more -- at least until February 19th :)

So now, onto the good stuff. This is the Christmas card that I made for this year. I had all intentions to make more and send these out but time got away from me and I didn't get them out. I normally prefer Christmas cards that aren't just red and green but this year I decided to go traditional and I used the color coach to help me pick the colors. Garden Green and Wild Wasabi are a "dynamic duo" and I thought that using both the greens would give the card a little bit more depth. Also, when I made this card, I didn't have any Stampin' UP! embossing powder and I only had some generic white that I used on the tree to make the snow effect. After having made the card, I have decided that it looks better with clear embossing instead of the white. I also ordered all Stampin' UP! embossing powder and threw away all of my powder that I got at a craft store because the Stampin' UP! product is so much better and easier to work with.

To create the tree, I first stamped the tree in Garden Green and then used Versamark to tap the stamp in different spots on the tree and along the ground. I did this so that when I put on the embossing powder it wouldn't cover the entire tree and I was trying to get a more natural snowy look.

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Four the Holidays
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Versamark, Garden Green
Accessories: Heat and stick powder, white embossing powder, snail adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Lovely christmas card:) So happy to see your post. I need to get back to my blogging as well.

    ReplyDelete