Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for many things and one of them is that I have the ability to be a Stampin' UP! demonstrator.

This card was made using the Orchard Harvest Suite from the 2012 holiday mini catalog. Once again, my good friend Rachel inspired my card so I'm also thankful that she has a blog so I can copy all her good ideas :)

To cut the jar out of the card, I used the cannery framelits die. I had never used the framelits die before and I didn't know that when you cut out the image the die leaves a border on the paper you're cutting from. If you're cutting out a die to use as the die this doesn't matter but if you're going to use it to make a card like I did, then you'll want to turn the card over and cut out the die on the opposite side. That way, when the card is put together, the side with the border will be on the inside of the card, and in this case, covered by the window sheet.

You may notice that I made several different versions of this card. I didn't have enough Lucky Limeade cardstock to make all my cards so I decided to use More Mustard as my card base. I cut several different strips of Orchard Harvest DSP to make the jar lids and used the leftover scraps to layer on the Early Espresso cardstock. After making a card with the More Mustard I decided that since the pear on the inside was going to be More Mustard, it was too much yellow. Once all the cards were made though, I decided that the More Mustard card was my favorite of all the different versions that I made.

Supplies
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Orchard Harvest DSP, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard
Ink: Raspberry Ripple (InColor), Early Espresso, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade(IC)
Accessories: 2 way glue, snail adhesive, SU! dimensionals, framelits cannery set, window sheets


No comments:

Post a Comment