Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ain't Love Grand Get Well

While I was trying to find some ideas to make a wedding card for my friends Lauren and Andrew, I kept coming across this card. This card was featured at a Stampin' UP! event at Disney World. One of the best things about being a demonstrator is the ability to go to great events while also being inspired by all the creative demonstrators out there. As usual, I tweaked this card a little. Most of the ones I saw were on Pool Party card stock instead of Whisper White and they used buttons. I wanted to use white as my base card though so instead of using pool party as the backing, I decided to use all the rainbow colors that I previously used. It's hard to see in the picture but I stamped the umbrella top on a scrap, cut it out and glued it on top of the umbrella to give it some dimension. I also used crystal effects on the raindrops and puddles to give it the watery effect.

I love how this card turned out and the only negative I have to say about it is that (fortunately) I don't know anyone who needs to get well that I can send it to.

Supplies
Stamps: Ain't Love Grand (r,h)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Stazon
Accessories: snail adhesive, crystal effects, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment