Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stamping with Friends

A few weeks ago I had some of my stamping friends over to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month. We all had projects to work on and some were more ambitious than others. Becky and Rae Anne made a spectacular July 4th card that I can't wait to get, Rachel worked on making her old swap fronts into cards, and my mom made a really spectacular name frame (stay tuned later this week to see it). I didn't really have anything planned to make but I knew that I wanted to make a scrapbook page. I chose graduation pictures that have been sitting waiting to be scrapped for four years.

For my page I wanted to use UIS' colors but our colors are complicated ;) Our main colors are Blue and White and the blue is more of a Brilliant Blue. I don't have any Brilliant Blue card stock left since it retired so finding the right blue is sometimes a struggle. I think Pacific Point usually does the trick but I didn't have enough 12x12 to make a double page layout so I decided to use Night of Navy with Pacific Point and white as my accent colors.

My coworkers and I also have been joking about UIS' colors because they have added "Las Vegas Gold" to the colors. It's funny though because the gold doesn't really translate well to uniforms and the boy's basketball team's home uniforms almost look like a khaki color instead. Well, when I was making this page, I discovered that against the Night of Navy, River Rock, almost perfectly mimics the basketball team's uniforms. For any schools who have a gold color but you don't want to use your special gold cardstock, try using River Rock instead. I've been calling it the "poor man's gold" but I think the colors did turn out really well together for a pairing that you might not always think of.

Supplies: Night of Navy, Pacific Point, River Rock cardstock; Pacific Point ink

No comments:

Post a Comment