Sunday, June 12, 2011

and many mower, part 1

My husband is awesome at many a thing but he sometimes has a hard time picking cards that will be good for his dad. I also have a hard time making cards that he will like so since father's day is next week I decided to get a jump start on making a variety of cards for him to choose from. I don't own many manly sets so I borrowed the retired "and many mower" set from Becky and Rae Anne to make some birthday and father's day cards.

When I went to make cards last week while Jeremy was at a concert, I decided to make a tri-fold card. The template said it was super easy to make but I wanted to try it with a retired paper, just in case it took me 400 times to make it right. I didn't need to worry about it though, because it was a super easy card to make. 4 scores, and three cuts later, I had it done and thought that it would be perfect for the golfer out of the "and many mower" set.

I also would like to say how much I LOVE Stampin UP! colors and DSPs. The tri-fold card needed a piece of 12x12 so I picked a retired sheet of bordering blue. For the DSP, I chose the, also retired, Washington Apple which has Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron. Although bordering blue wasn't one of the colors in the DSP, it coordinated beautifully with all the other colors. I love being able to pick a color, no matter what, and make it work.

ANYWAY, long story short, SU is awesome and I really like how these cards turned out. Stayed tuned throughout the week for not one, but 4 other cards all made with "and many mower"

Have a good week everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Looking forward to seeing "mower" :-)

    ReplyDelete